PDF PATTERN DETAILS
This carrier sewing pattern presents an alternative to the traditional Japanese onbuhimo. It utilizes webbing and plastic hardware to secure the carrier and is well known for high back carries. The absence of a waistband works great for pregnant bellies and those who find the waistband of a soft-structured carrier to be constricting. Three body panel sizes ensure proper knee-to-knee coverage and panel height at each stage of development. Additionally, choose between three strap sizes to ensure that the carrier will be positioned optimally for wear. Micro adjustments for length can be made on each strap via “perfect fit adjusters” (PFA’s); elongated reverse PFA’s make adjusting from a back carry simple. Leg padding keeps the panel from digging into little thighs. Elastic strap roll-ups contain excess webbing neatly.
The digital pattern contains the following files:
- Instructional Book
- Print At Home Pattern || US Letter
- Copy Shop Version || A0
- Three carrier sizes [Standard, Tweeny Tot, & Toddler]
- Two panel shapes (winged or angled)
- Three strap sizes make it easy to get carrier positioned optimally
- Two underarm hardware options– buckles or ladder locks
- Flat style hood can be used as a neck rest
- Hood ties function as reach straps and can be embellished
- D-Rings on straps for hood tie off & to clip on accessories
- Leg padding
- Reverse PFA’s
- Sternum strap
- Slighty contoured, padded shoulder straps
- Elastic strap roll-ups
- Safety elastic on straps
- Reinforcement stitching at critical points of construction
Get access to the exclusive pattern support group and join our community for inspiration, help, and custom modifications
Use the hashtag #sewtoot to share your photos and for a chance to be featured!
Check out our FAQ to see if we’ve already answered your question!
DON’T MISS OUT
There are a lot of helpful videos on the Sew Toot Youtube channel
Subscribe to our newsletter to find out about new patterns and sales!